Owners Kurt and Sharon Marrin met at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Following graduation, they both obtained jobs working in the landscape industry. In 1985, Kurt and Sharon married and soon decided it was time to start their own business, which is now known as Bret-Mar Landscape. At first, Kurt and Sharon operated out of their home in Mt. Greenwood. After a few projects were completed, word began to spread about the excellent work and talent of these two young landscape architects. Design and installation took precedence over maintenance, and the company continued to grow. In 1996, Kurt and Sharon purchased a farm house with five acres. This is where Bret-Mar still operates today. The farm house has been restored into an office and the five acres have become a great space for display gardens and a nursery.
Our mission is to enhance the beauty and value of every client’s property while exceeding their expectations every step of the way.
- Honesty and integrity
- Respect for our employees and their families
- Respect for our customers and others with whom we do business
- Excellence in our work
- A sense of responsibility to our community and our environment
Bret-Mar Landscape was awarded the 2018 Excellence in Landscape Gold Award Winner for Residential Construction. We were also awarded the Best of Houzz Service award in 2018 and 2019. We're incredibly honored to not only be recognized by our state organization for our work, but also for being voted as the professional’s choice project winner. To read more about the award and view our award-winning project, visit our blog.
At Bret-Mar Landscape, we're committed to the ecological health of our community, our country, and the planet. We practice sustainable growth – meeting the needs of the present without compromising future generations' ability to meet their own needs. We support growers and suppliers who share our concerns and promise towards ‘green’ solutions to the reduction of greenhouse gases, energy consumption and post-consumer waste.
- We recycle all pots, baskets, flats, and other plastics, both that we use, and that others bring back to us.
- We offer safe solutions for pest and disease control through organic fertilizers, compost, and natural pest control.
- We offer a wide selection of native plants designed to reduce the need for fertilizers, and chemical pest and disease control products.
- We feature a wide selection of shade and evergreen trees. Depending on location, species, size, and condition, shade from trees can reduce utility bills for air conditioning in residential and commercial buildings by 15-50 percent.