Bret-Mar Landscape is the leading design and build company in the Chicago-land area.
Holiday Lighting can be a frustrating and tough job in winter weather. Here are a few dos and don’ts to make the job simpler and save you time.
When applying holiday lights to your home:
- Accent peaks of home with lights, not necessary to do the entire roofline
- Don’t accent the garage
- Focus on doorway and front entrance to home, don’t overwhelm yourself with entire yard
- Use net lighting for hedges or evergreen shrubs
- Wrap lights around main branches of tree for different look (great candidates include Redbud and Birch)
- Use LED lights they are meant to be outside in cold weather; they don’t give off heat so less of a fire hazard; provide brighter color; if one light goes out the whole string will stay lit
- Don’t mix warm white lights with white, white lights
- Don’t go crazy with different colors; use color to define focal point or accent piece
Holiday decorating services include:
- Installation and removal of holiday lights
- Storage of holiday lights
- Rental of LED holiday lights
- Holiday planters
- Wreath, garland, and other requested accessory installation/purchase
Let Bret-Mar worry about your holiday lighting. Don’t stress over untangling and repairing lights, working in the cold weather, or climbing onto the roof.